RE: BSD inet services?

> Exactly right (i got confused).  I don't have rsh-server installed.  I
> do have ssh-nonfree installed, though.  I installed that quite a while
> ago and then it seems like ssh stuff got removed from the
> distribution i
> had installed then.  Can someone provide a synopsis of what the story
> with ssh was, where it stands now, and what the best debianized ssh
> package to use is?

AFAIK ssh in Debian is openssh, so apt-get install ssh will install openssh
(since that's
the only version that complies with the DFSG).

> Also, does any ssh version have the capability of "falling-back" to
> rlogin compatibility?  (I doubt it but it would be nice. . . and
> potentially insecure of course).  My main quandary is that
> i'm working
> on an internal network where i don't at all need ssh.  Sometimes (when
> going external), i do, though.

Well, last time I checked the ssh equivelents don't use rhosts auth and
can't be force to use it (I may
 be wrong on this one though).

You will be better off installing rsh&friends (the instalation cancels the
symlink of rcp to scp, etc).

cheers,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Muñoz
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young : fmunoz@capgemini.pt

**
Ever noticed something? Unix comes with compilers. Windows comes with
Solitaire.
**
  -Adep