RE: BSD inet services?

> I want to enable rlogin/rcp etc on a debian box i have running
> woody/2.2.19.  This should be very easy, thinks i, but going to
> inetd.conf i find:
>
> #:BSD: Shell, login, exec and talk are BSD protocols.
>
> and that is all.  I make my way to the man pages on update-inetd and
> see that i could (although i haven't tried it) do an:
>
>   update-inetd --add ENTRY
>
> Is manually adding an entry for e.g. rlogin what i need to do?
> Doesn't seem very convenient (out of the box).

I'm may be totally lost here but IIRC last time I needed rsh-like services I
simply uncommented
the entries in inetd.onf and installed rshd (also be advised that the rcp in
Debian is more than likely
a link to scp...); the rsh deamon was started and added to the init logins
by the package scripts and after
that I only needed to edit /etc/hosts.equiv for my full insecure r-services
frenzy.

I probably didn't understood your doubt though, so feel free to ignore this
message :)

cheers,

fsm

--
Frederico S. Muñoz
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young : fmunoz@capgemini.pt

**
Ever noticed something? Unix comes with compilers. Windows comes with
Solitaire.
**
  -Adep