Re: Radeon 7500 XFree86 support.

* Tim Moss <debian@to11.net> [011124 10:20]:
> Apparently, on Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 07:27:47PM -0800, Dmitriy wrote:
> I don't have a Radeon card (yet) but I was just looking up info about it
> on the XFree lists and it appears that support for it is only in the
> XFree CVS right now. It should be included in the next official release.
> I think you have to use the generic SVGA support if you have a current
> XFree release.

That's strange, mine is working perfectly with the XFree4 from actual
sid (a Radeon VE) under 2.4.9. I'm even running opengl, glxinfo prints
out alot and glxgears gives ~100 fps (Athlon 1000). Is that accelerated?
I've also the dri module loaded. If of interest, i can post my
XF86Config-4 file. At least (unencrypted) dvd watching works perfectly
with mplayer.

Next test will be to run it with Kernel 2.2.20 to get that damned
vmware express to work.

Another pointer may be the ati module from the gatos project
(www.linuxvideo.org). They've got a list which Radeons are supported by
their module.

hth,

Karsten