Re: scanimage can't find device...

>is your scsi card configured properly?

Yes.

>can you see the scanner in the output of cat /proc/scsi/scsi?

Yes.

>did you try modprobe sg (kernel module for scsi generic devices)?

No. I installed sg with modconf. lsmod reports sg present.

>make your tests with scanimage (no x involved, easier to troubleshoot).

>when you'll be able to see your scanner in the output of scanimage
>--list-devices everything else will be fine (well, it worked this way
>for me :-).

I tried scanimage with no luck. Same problem. No device found.
The problem is that even though both cdrecord -scanbus, find-scanner and
proc reports that the scanner is there, and that the device files are fine
- scanimage can not find the device.

This is SANE 1.0.1 on my Potato.

I succeeded in installing libsane belonging to SANE 1.0.4 from Woody.
Now scanimage finds the device.
So there probably is a bug in 1.0.1.

My new problem is that I can not scan in color mode (black and white goes
just fine).
It's a 3-pass scanner, and after the first pass scanimage says the device
is busy and then the scan is aborted.

Any ideas?

(Yes, my scanner works. On SuSE 6.3 and 6.4 it worked just fine. In color
also.)

Cheers :o)

Johnny :o)