Re: security updates

Glenn Becker said:
> Hi all,
>
> On the strength of what I read re: getting security updates in the
> list archives, I put the following line in my /etc/apt/sources.list
> file:
>
> deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free

security updates are only available for the RELEASED version
of debian, currently that is 'stable' or  'potato'

no specialized updates are available for woody or sid. you
have to get the updates the same way you get everything else.
be aware that it may take a long time to get security updates
on woody as any new packages must go through a lot of testing
before its allowed to get to woody. i think the process
is 2 weeks? or maybe its 6..if no critical bugs are
found during that time then the package is available to
woody users.

nate