Re: tar replaces cpio in unstable

Yeah, there seems to be some breakage in unstable today -- not too sure
what the chicken/egg is yet, but on my box anyway dpkg-dev, driving cpio
and all of gs are fubared at the moment --

A box I dist-upgraded yesterday had 50 packages held back (mostly kde
stuff) and *will not* upgrade today as it complains about gs-common
versioning ... the box I did today all the kde stuff upgraded but I've
the tar/cpio/gs issues --

I'd guess there is something in incoming that is slow to move but that's
just a guess -- in the mean time if upgrading, look at the REMOVAL items
in do a visual sanity-check before blindly saying "Ok"

Hank