Re: usb mass storage problem

You did not say whether you had compiled SCSI (disk) support into your kernel. You need to do this even if you have no scsi card to enable the usb mass storage stuff

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m
CONFIG_SCSI=m

Also, when I mount my usb storage devices, I just mount it as /dev/sda1 with an auto filesystem.

My mount shows:
/proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /sandisk type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=trs)

My /proc/scsi shows
hecke-trs$ ls /proc/scsi/
scsi  sg/  usb-storage-0/

TRS

Well, all seems fine! But how can I fdisk the usb storage device and
repartition it?

It doesn't mapping to /dev/sda /dev/sdb /dev/sdc

Idea?

Thanks.