Installing applications from CD-rom?

I am trying to install Potatoe 2.2r3 from CD-rom.
First I booted to CD then after initial partitioning,
initiallizing, etc. I rebooted using a boot floppy. I
gave the machine a name. Then when it was time to
install applications through apt-get my CD-rom was not
auto-detected. I was asked to enter device file for
the cdrom but I was unsuccessful doing so. Do I need
to use apt-cdrom and if so how do I use that
application. I thought I saw flashed on the screen
during boot up that the CDrom drive has "hdc" on my
system. I have a Plextor PlexWriter IDE type CD-RW
drive. Please help.