an automated web browser

hi,
i use this internet service that *requires* you to log in once a day,
or they close your account after three days of inactivity. it's
absolutely bloody ridiculous, but i have to live with it, for i do
need the service (and there is no other like that one) about once a
month. since i can't possibly access the web everyday (if i am
traveling for instance), i would like to set up a cron script that
basically surfs the site for me (including login). however, there are
at least 10 Redirects happening before the login is counted, and
that's just too much for my nerves as a shell scripter.

so i am wondering, there *has* to be a tool like lynx or the like,
which will accept commands over stdin or the command line of the form:

- enter "madduck" into field "username"
- enter "abc123" into field "password"
- click onto "login" submit button
(after all the redirects have settled, i need to take one other
  step).
- click onto the third link on the page  (or the link labeled
  "something").

do you know of something like that?

thanks,
martin

always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.