Re: apt-get bugzilla/sid ....Preconfiguring packages....

--- rperrot@debian.org wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 03:20:20PM -0500, Charles
> Baker wrote:
> > I am enountering a problem when doing an `apt-get
> install bugzilla`. The
> > process goes along fine until the line
> "Preconfiguring packages ..." is
> > displayed then nothing else happens.
> That not a very good news :-)
>
> > I did not have mysql installed, so
> > I installed that thinking there was a dependency
> problem. Same result.
> Well you need a mysql database on the network, but
> since it mustn't need
> to be on the same server Bugzilla doesn't depend on
> mysql-server but only
> on other mysql tools. Even if your database run on
> your local machine,
> you must allow network connexion.
>
> > This happened last week.  I tried the same thing
> last night. I even ran
> > dselect last night and let it resolve all the
> dependencies and still got
> > stuck at the same place. Everything on this box
> has been dist-upgraded
> > to sid except the kernel which is a whole other
> problem ( never had
> > kernel problems before 2.4.x :(  oh well ) Any
> clue as to what is going
> > on? I've never run into this problem with a
> package before, I've been
> > running debian on laptops for 2 years now.
> I no problem exepte maybe that should do an apt-get
> upgrade not a dist-
> upgrade.
>
> Well the next step for you will be to try this
> commande:
> # DEBCONF_DEBUG='developer' apt-get install bugzilla
>
> And enter a bug with the result. Take care to remove
> all password in the
> resulte that are in clear text.
>
> You may use the package reportbug to get help on bug
> reporting.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rémi

I will file a bug if think it's best. I ran the
command as you specified and it seems that their are
some questions that need to be answered and the the
install/configure process is getting in a loop. How
does one reset the importance level of questions that
will be displayed during an install?

Here is a snippet of the output of the command:
debconf (developer): --> 0 ok
debconf (developer): <-- GET
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_name
debconf (developer): --> 0
debconf (developer): <-- FGET
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_pwd seen
debconf (developer): --> 0 false
debconf (developer): <-- SET bugzilla/pwd_check
debconf (developer): --> 0 value set
debconf (developer): <-- BEGINBLOCK
debconf (developer): --> 0
debconf (developer): <-- INPUT high
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_name
debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
debconf (developer): <-- INPUT high
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_real_name
debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
debconf (developer): <-- INPUT high
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_pwd
debconf (developer): --> 30 question skipped
debconf (developer): <-- ENDBLOCK
debconf (developer): --> 0
debconf (developer): <-- GO
debconf (developer): --> 0 ok
debconf (developer): <-- GET
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_name
debconf (developer): --> 0
debconf (developer): <-- FGET
bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_pwd seen
debconf (developer): --> 0 false
debconf (developer): <-- SET bugzilla/pwd_check

Thanks for the tip!

=====
-
rascharles@yahoo.com