from ipchains to iptables

dearest debian maniacs,

here's my current simple ipchains firewall for my box that runs no services:
# Interface to Internet
EXTIF=ppp+

ANY=0.0.0.0/0

ipchains -P input ACCEPT
ipchains -P output ACCEPT
ipchains -P forward DENY

ipchains -F forward
ipchains -F input
ipchains -F output

# Deny TCP and UDP packets to privileged ports
ipchains -A input -l -i $EXTIF -d $ANY 0:1023 -p udp -j DENY
ipchains -A input -l -i $EXTIF -d $ANY 0:1023 -p tcp -j DENY

# Deny TCP connection attempts
ipchains -A input -l -i $EXTIF -p tcp -y -j DENY

# Deny ICMP echo-requests
ipchains -A input -l -i $EXTIF -s $ANY echo-request -p icmp -j DENY

# Do masquerading
ipchains -A forward -j MASQ
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

could you help me convert this to iptables?

TIA!!!

-jeff

p.s. forgive...it's a pain in the arse doing new things...i have yucky
learning disabilities...so please bear with me...

--
Q:	How many Martians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A:	One and a half.