Re: Imap troubles

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Bostjan Muller wrote:

> The thing is I have mbox style mailboxes that are of size between
> 5-20MB and that slowws down the system quite a while. I would like to
> speed things up, but I really like the no-setup-neccessary-imap-server
> ;)) so if there is anything that I could do to speed things up I'd
> really like to do it (except for changing the imap/pop3 daemon).

Well you could add more memory.  Or you could change the mailbox format to
mbx.  As part of the imapd package there are programs called mbxcreat and
mbxcvt which let you create and convert mobx mailboxes to mbx
respectively.  The downside with mbx as with all non-standard mailbox
formats is that you have to change your MDA.  The imapd package also
includes two programs called tmail and dmail which can be used for this
purpose.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>