Re: floppy install on 486dx/33 w/ no CDROM

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 12:12:05PM -0500, mdt1@columbia.edu wrote:

> I have done a base installation from floppies.  Is there a
> step-by-step somewhere for dialing up my ISP from a
> console, and then proceeding with the installation from
> debian.org??

Very simple. You need to have ppp installed. As root run pppconfig
and create a provider profile by answering the questions about the
phone number to dial, the serial port to use, etc.

Assuming that you named your provider 'abc', you get online by
typing

pon abc

on the command line. To proceed with the rest of the installation
use the command

dselect

and go through the numbered menu items in sequence.

After leaving dselect, get offline with the command

poff

FGL