Re: Bad install with SCSI (sym53c8xx - no hard drive found)

Some more data.  This is what is printed to the console:

[...]
scsi: <fdomain> Detection failed (no card)
NCR53c406a: no available ports found
sym53c416.c: Version 1.0.0
Failed initialization of WD-7000 SCSI card!
IBM MCA SCSI: No microchannel-bus support present -> Aborting.
megaraid: v107 (December 22, 1999)
aec671x_detect:
3w-xxxx: tw_findcards(): No cards found.
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
[...]

Cheers,