Re: Mouse scrolling with xserver-xfree86 v4

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 14:31, list1@centerbox.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have installed a new video card with a new xserver-xfree86 v4.
> I had version 3 before. Everything works fine accept for the mouse scrolling.
> I have gpm daemon running just like before.
> My mouse is a simple logitech with 2 bottons and a clickable wheel.
> Did I pick a wrong mouse type at  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 ?
> Or is there something new in xfree86 v4 that I'm not aware of ?

Make sure gpm is repeating raw or disable it entirely.

Then in your XF86Config-4 file under your mouse section add:

	Option		"Buttons"		"5"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"

you will have to find the correct protocol for your mouse if does not
follow IMPS/2 protocol.

--mike