unable to mount cdrom

Hi,

I have a problem mounting my cdrom, maybe someone can help?

When I look with dmesg, I see that my cdrom is recognized as "/dev/hdc" (hdc: CD-ROM 36X/AKU, ATAPI CDROM drive).

Next what I did was making a symbolic link to /dev/hdc (ln -s /dev/hdc /dec/cdrom) and checked that /etc/fstab contains the line: "dev/cdrom /cdrom    iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0"

I restarted and tried to mount the cdrom as root with: mount /cdrom

What I get is: "mount: No medium found"

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks,
Hans