Re: Imap troubles

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Bostjan Muller wrote:

> Hmm.. how can maildir be supported?

In imapd you mean?  it's a third-party patch by Miquel Van Smoorenburg.
Mark Crispin (uw-imapd author) is very anti-maildir.

>I did not find anything about it?

/usr/share/doc/libc-client2001/README.maildir.gz

(Debian has a seperate shared library implementation of c-client which
both imapd and ipopd use.)

> Coult you please tell me how to enable it or where to read more about
> it?

There is not much to do.  If a mailbox is a maildir, imapd will use it.

I should however mention that maildir support may be less than perfect.
Some mail clients seem to be having problems in various ways I don't fully
understand yet.  However I am committed to fixing any problems found and
giving maildir first-class support in the Debian uw-imapd package.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>