experience with latitude C610

has anyone witnessed encounters between the Dell Latitude C610
notebook and linux? i am looking to buy myself an instantiation
thereof and would like to know how easy it'll be...

have a look:

the things that worry me are the modem and the soundcard. everything
else looks pretty decent, but the AC97/ICH3 combination for audio
sounds pretty tropical to me. moreover, the integrated 56K V.92
capable modem is probably a softmodem, isn't it? good thing it's

anyway, looking forward to your input.

"mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images."
                                                       -- jean cocteau