downloading with apt-get --download-only install package

I'd like to download a selection of packages for machine A that
is on a slow connection.  So I made a list of what I want and
went to machine B, which has a fast connection, and used "apt-get
--download-only install package".  This didn't work for packages
that are already installed on machine B because apt-get saw them
as already up-to-date.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to force apt-get (or any
other tool) to download a package regardless of it's status on
the machine from which it is being downloaded?  I could do this
easily with wget if I knew a way to automatically find the url
for a package, based on my sources.list.  Any ideas on that?

Mike