Re: KDE 2.2 and cups / testing

"Kelley, Tim \(CBS-New Orleans\)" <Tim.kelley@cox.com>  wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get KDE to recognize CUPS?  I have QT cups
> installed, and cups works great, but not sure how to proceed with
> telling kde how to use it ...
>
> Tim Kelley
> Cox Business Services
> tim.kelley@cox.com

I used the "Printing Manager" function of KDE 2.2.1 to set it up.  You
can find it under <Control Center><System><Printing Manager>.  Just
select "CUPS" on the select box at the bottom-right of the pop-up
screen.  Worked fine for me.

I have the following packages installed on my system:

kdelibs3-cups
libcupsys2
cupsys
cupsys-bsd
cupsys-client
cupsys-pstoraster
cupsys-driver-gimpprint

I DON'T have the qtcups package installed!  YMMV.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-