Re: NFS tries following remote symlinks as if local!

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 04:46:26PM +1300, Adam Warner wrote:
> Which is a PITA, meaning I will will have to reproduce all the mount
> points on the client computer if I implement NFS.

The standard way of dealing with that is to use an automounter and
have it read its automount maps from NIS, which lets you control all
desktops' mountpoints from a single location.  The O'Reilly on NFS
and NIS has a chapter on setting this up and it seems to be widely
used in larger environments, although I can't say that I've yet had a
reason to try it myself.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery