Re: [OT] Dual head console?

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 17:07, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Hi People!
>
> I've got dual head working in XFree, but am now curious - if I don't
> start up XFree, is there any way I can run consoles on both monitors?
>
> inittab doesn't seem to help and I can't find any kernel options and I
> can't find anything on the web. Does anyone have any ideas or is this
> just not possible?
>
> Using 2.4.13 and woody.

There is a mingetty "patch" out there at:

http://ylabs.igreconline.com/sites/mingetty/

Thats seems to do exactly what you want.  Be sure to look into the
equivs package if you build this so debian doesn't panic over
dependencies.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO-14.html

Has another way using con2fb to "move" ttys to a framebuffer.

I was interested in this at one time but lost my drive since I didn't
like either way from a design standpoint.  A google search for
frambuffer multiple console should give you much more information than
you need.

--mike