Question about dselect:

    I have a little...issue with dselect.

    I'm trying to set up a base configuration for a fleet of servers,
    and I want certain software, and *only* certain software on them.

    At least one of these pieces of software is a perl modules that
    wants to have libc6-dev, which is fine as far as that goes,
    but it seems that libc6-dev recommends that I install gcc, and it's
    rather most insistent that I install it, even if I tell dselect _
    (purge) and <shift-q> (Do what I tell you numbskull).

    Is there a way to tell dselect ONCE AND FOR ALL that I have no wish
    to install gcc on this machine?

--
Share and Enjoy.