Re: RealTek RTL8129/8139 Fast Ethernet driver for kernel 2.4.14

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:36:51 +1100, mobtek mobtekl writes:
>On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:57:35 -0600
>Nathan E Norman <nnorman@micromuse.com> wrote:
>> Yes.  I solved it be throwing the cards in the garbage and installing
>> real NICs.
>>
>> These cards were reporting overruns at a rate 10x that of properly
>> received packets.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:36:51 +1100, mobtek mobtekl writes:
>Wierd, I'm using two of these cards on 2.4.13 without any probs whatsoever. I'
>ve generally found them to be really reliable cards.

I've to second that:

works like a charm, for a good year now, does ~ 1 GB traffic every day.

I'd guess it doesn't depend solely on the chip but (also) on the actual
 manglingfacturer of the card (and in this case it's a back2back, eg
 crossover, connection also).

cheers,
&rw
--
-- AOL would be a giant diesel-smoking bus with hundreds
-- of ebola victims on board throwing dead wombats and