Re: nis problem on woody

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> The above messages would be generated if networking was shutdown
> while there were still active NFS mounts.. are you doing NFS?
Yes, but these messages have nothing to do with my problem. They disappear,
if I sont use nfs.

> >I have this problem since i've upgraded to woody.
> >Does anybody konw a solution?
> Well only a lot of debugging will tell you where the problem is.

I think i've figured out the problem (perhaps):
when i kill the ypbind processes, everything is very,very,very slowly.
i've inserted some 'ps' calls in the init scripts and: every process beginning
from /etc/rc0.d/S35networking runs very slowly, too.
Is there any relation?
Is it possible that the glibc still tries to connect to the nis-server?

regards
Dariush