Re: i can't run cgi in user_dir

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 09:11:21PM +0700, hero wrote:
> ######### test.pl
> !#/usr/bin/perl -w
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "<h2>Test cgi</h2>\n";
>
> ######### /var/log/apache/error.log
> [Sun Nov 17 20:32:31 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of script headers: /home/hero/public_html/test.pl

Given that this is in woody, I'd guess it's a problem with suexec,
which the debian version currently enables by default.  I've never
been able to get it working, but I do know that you can disable it by
changing the name of /usr/lib/apache/suexec to something else and
restarting apache.  (For whatever reason, suexec is a compile-time
option, so the only way to turn it off without rebuilding is to
remove the suexec wrapper.  Changing suexec's permissions to not be
suid root may also disable it, but I haven't tried that and can't
vouch for its effectiveness.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery