Re: lseek error / LFS support with potato

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:18:42PM +0100, Emil Pedersen wrote:
>   However, today it turns out that the database (Mimer-8.2.2) still does
> not work the way it's supposed to.  It seems like the program is having
> problem using 'lseek', probably becouse the argument and return-types
> (off_t) is just 4 bytes long.  Indeed when I check the size of 'off_t'
>  ( fprint("Sizeof: %d", sizeof(off_t)); ) it is 4 bytes.

Yep, the application needs to be compiled to support 64-bit seeks. There's a
#define called LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT or something like that one which throws in a
couple of #defines to turn lseek => lseek64, off_t => off64_t, etc.

Naturally, 64 bit architectures don't have this problem.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/