vncserver ignoring ~/.vnc/xstartup :(

Hi all

I'm trying to get VNC running on my home box and vncserver sems to be
bypassing the xstartup script. Instead of running Blackbox, it pulls up
KDE. The .vnc/ session log doesn't report any problems, and I can run
xstartup within the VNC window and it runs (just lanches an aterm) fine -
just on top of KDE. This has worked fine for me in the past, though on
Mandrake, and runs okay at work on Debian (though launched from inetd
instead of manually starting each session, and using a login manager, so
no xstartup involved).

The only similar problem I've seen hunting via Google has also been on a
Debian system, so I was wondering if there was a difference in the
packaging of VNC for Debian - or more likely I've missed something
obvious somewhere.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /