The OpenGL/3Dfx Problem Continues

I installed the Glide drivers, Mesa-4.0, and compiled in my sound card, 3Dfx
VooDoo 3 and DRI support into the Kernel, but I still can't use OpenGL or
3Dfx. Quake 3 will only run in dog-slow Software Rendering Mode (1fps), and
in Quake 2 sound is replaced by a repeating, odd beeping/static noise playing
continually. XMMS and Gnome's sounds all run fine. I couldn't find TDFX to
compile into my kernel, I suspect this may be the problem. I was told it's in
Character Devices, but it's not. I'm using the 2.4.5 kernel sources.

Does anyone know what I should do, or where to find TDFX at least?
Thanks,
Deven Gallo