Re: xhost

 --- Hans Gubitz <gubitz@netcologne.de> wrote: > Hi,

> I did a
> xhost +boxb
> on my Woody-Box boxa
> and tried on boxb
> xterm -display boxa:0
>
> I'm sure this was ok some time ago, but now I get

IIMHO
xterm -display boxa:0.0

I got two boxes , weak one and strong one, connected
via plip, and the weak one used to display (run X
only). I usually run word perfect, staroffice from the
strong one using this method, no problem

What I did is modify the .bash_profile form a telnet
account from weak one, like
if [ $REMOTEHOST ] ; then
export DISPLAY="weak:0.0"
fi

then login using this account, run x apps from there..