Bug in unstable menu package?

Hello,

I have recently dist-upgraded from potato to sid, and I have noticed
that update-menus does not generate all of the available menu entries.
There are many more menu entries in /usr/lib/menu[/default] that are not
present in the menus themselves.

For example, gnome-terminal provides
/usr/lib/menu/doc-base-gnome-terminal but there are no entries in the
Gnome/KDE/wmaker/mwm menus.  There are no window manager menus,
rendering Window Maker unusable (I can't save a session, quit etc.).

If I run update-menus with debugging on, I see it reads the entries OK,
and then pipes data to each of the menu-methods.  I can't see where the
problem is.  I assume it must be in update-menus itself, as I see
missing entries in several menu-method backends.

Is there anything else I can do to diagnose/correct the problem?

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh ** Registration Number: 151826, http://counter.li.org **