good news for 3dfx users!

as you can see, i was writing several annoying emails to the list trying to
figure out WTF was going on with my 3dfx card and xscreensaver.

if your screensaver (mind you, NOT other opengl stuff) is running yucky and
you use a 3dfx card, try editing the .xscreensaver file in your home
directory. there's a little stanza that looks like this:

nice:           10
memoryLimit:    0M
fade:           True

by default, xscreensaver wrote this file with a memoryLimit of 50M!!!

i simply changed the 50 to a 0 and now my opengl screensavers look groovy.
yaay. big progress eh?  :)

make sure you have a nice new kernel...i can't stress that enough...and make
sure you compile DRI (Direct Rendering Infrastructure) and your 3dfx driver
and you should get some pretty spanky results!

good luck all and peace to the WORLD...not just USA...

-jeff

--
Q:	What do you call 15 blondes in a circle?