RE: Laptop install, console screen small

| In this case X is not a problem, just the tty consoles.  I can't
| get them to
| fill the entire screen.  I do get all 80x25, 80x34, or whatever
| resolution,
| just in a reduced screen size.
|
| Any ideas?

How about using frame buffer.  There was a discussion about the various
tweakages back in October about all the nasty settings, but the short idea
is to compile frame buffer support into your kernel and put a vga={hex
number go here} into your lilo.conf, run lilo, reboot, and see what
happens..

HTH,

Brooks