Re: OpenGL/Glide packages

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 JakeCatfox@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, can anyone tell me what packages I need to install from a clean Debian
> installation (with 2.4.5 kernel) to make OpenGL and Glide work, and use Quake
> 3 and Unreal Tournament? What needs to be compiled into the Kernel? I have a
> VooDoo 3 2000 PCI card. Thx,

I have the same problem ... You need only v3_glide*.deb package, but on my
Voodoo 3 3000 TV it doesn't work, so I unpacked this package from
Slackware 7.1 installation tar xzvf v3*tgz  and copy test3Dfx into
/usr/local/bin and libglide2x* and libglide3x* inti /usr/local/lin (make
sure that U have this dir in /etc/ld.so.conf) and I run test3Dfx (as root)
he tells i cant locate libglide2x*.so (sth like that0 so I make symbolic
link into libglide2x* and libglide3x*  or U can change name this libraries
to this what test3Dfx need
Have a good fun