Re: no modules after upgrade to 2.4.13

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Rory O'Connor wrote:

> I just upgraded from kernel version 2.2.19pre17 to 2.4.13 and everything
> went fine...except that it appears no modules loaded (lsmod returns
> nothing). After 'make bzImage' i did 'make modules' and 'make
> modules_install' and that didn't break, so i assumed it went ok.
>
> would it be that the paths to the modules has changed?  i'm not quite sure
> what to do.  any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rory

	Did you remember to 'depmod -a' after you had finished
installing your new modules?  As well, did you remember to select
modules in the first place?  (Sometimes, I get forgetful, and compile a
module in, and then wonder where it's gone...)

	As well, you should look into kernel-package for your kernel
compilation.  It really takes a lot of the steps out of a kernel
compile.

Simon