WOODY update: remote clients can't open X display

I updated three woody/sid machines to the current woody today. It had been
one to three months since I last updated to woody. Everything went
flawlessly (almost 500 packages on one box).

But then I later discovered that I can't send X displays back to any of
the machines, even if I run "xhost +".

I'm running gnome/sawfish.

The only suspicious thing I've found (just a guess) is the "-nolisten tcp"
option on the X command line shown below. All attempts to remove this via
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf fail: the command line doesn't change.

root      1378  0.7  2.3 70156 12252 ?       S<   14:12   3:42
/usr/bin/X11/X :0 -deferglyphs 16 -nolisten tcp vt7 -auth
/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth

What changed, and how do I fix this?

...RickM...