Re: having 2 debian installations...

Try copying the .deb packages from /var/cache/apt/archives
onto the other machine in the same location. Then if
you're using apt-get to upgrade, it should see them there
automatically. It should tell you when you're about to
upgrade that it needs to get 0Kb of data or something.

Er, I think that might work : ).

  --Daniel