Re: configuring X in unstable

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:46:15PM +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
> [root@cherry ~]  $  dpkg --configure xserver-xfree86
> dpkg: error processing xserver-xfree86 (--configure):
>  package xserver-xfree86 is already installed and configured
>
> I am looking for I think the debconf interface - like when you do a
> fresh install
>
> --
> Eric Smith

You can do dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86.  It's also possible to
let X configure itself: as root, run X -configure (assuming X4 is
your default server).  This will generate an XF86Config-4 file in your
current directory.  Test it directly or move it over to /etc/X11/.
More in the manpage!

HTH,
Tim

Timothy Burt
Duke University, Dept. of Physics		      204 FEL
Box 90305, Durham N.C. 27708-0305, USA          tburt@phy.duke.edu