Query installed packages for source branch?

Hi,

I want to query my system to find out which installed packages came
from stable, testing, and unstable branches.  Or perhaps more
appropriately, which branch of the repository do the installed
packages reside in now (regardless of which branch they were in when
they were installed).  Is this possible?

I have read the docs for apt-get, dpkg, dselect, and the like to no
avail.  I apologize if, however, I missed something in those docs.  It
is trivial to find the version of the installed package, but I do not
see how to relate that back to the repositories.  I could
cross-reference the installed version against the listing on the
package web page, but I would like to be able to perform this query
for all packages on my system.

thanks-
patrick