Re: which package contains file domainname ?

Shaul Karl wrote:

Hi,

I am using debian testing and i am wondering how i can find out which package contains 'domainname' or any other file i require. I tried 'dpkg -S' but it only seems to search the packages that are already installed, which doesn't help me much. 'apt-cache search domainname' doesn't help either.

dpkg -S will not show you files that are installed by the base.
You might searching with http://packages.deban.org

I'm afraid packages.deban.org doesn't exist.
But in the meanwhile i found out that i can search Contents-i386.gz on the install server.

Thanks a lot

Heinrich