Re: XFree86 problem on Woody

At 05:01 13/11/2001 -0800, you wrote:
Did you run dpgk-configure xserver-xfree86?  That will
set up xfree4.1.?

yes but 4.1 doesn't work. I have not got anywhere at all with 4.1 It crashes without an error message other than signal 11, nothing in the logs at all.

I wish to use the file XFree86 which does work apart from this unresolved symbol, and init font problems (which I believe is causing the display problems within KDE). Automatically configuring the file using xf86config also results in a non-working x. All I wish to know at this stage is how to resolve this symbol error. I do not wish to use the 4.1 file.

(BTW this box worked fine with Potato, has worked fine with RedHat and with Suse. I dont understand why I cannot get X to run on Woody and have posted these questions countless times but no-one seems to have any ideas for me.)

Rachel