Re: LILO splash screen

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001, Benjamin Drieu wrote:

> > Now that the new LILO in woody can display splash screens, does
> > anyone know where I could get suitable bitmaps?
>
> Perhaps you will be happy with
> http://www.73lab.com/index.php?menu_item=4&curr_lang=1&page=

The logos there seem to be for mandrake. Unfortunately, every
distribution has its own, incompatible LILO splash screen patch.

I made my own logo now. I used one of the SuSE pictures from
http://www.heise.de/ct/ftp/projekte/splashscreen/default.shtml and
converted them to 640x480 by adding black bars 40 pixels high above and
below the picture (using gimp). I dithered it to 16 colors and saved it
as a RLE-encoded bitmap. (I cannot redistribute the picture, Heise's
policy doesn't allow this.)

Using the fourth picture the following LILO parameters worked for me:

install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
bitmap=turbo.bmp
bmp-table=500p,270p,1,10,200p
bmp-colors=0,,;7,,