Re: Stable IM client in debian

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:49:04 -0500
Chun Kit Edwin Lau <try_email_me@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> So in this case, gabber is stable enough to do the everyday messaging
> right?

> > Don't know how well it'll work (I don't use it) but you might want to
> > check out gabber which is a jabber client (supports jabber, AIM, ICQ and
> > probably other protocols).

Jabber might, AOL is not (AIM and ICQ will fail when you really need a
message delivered). AOL has explicitly forbidden using jabber as an
AIM gateway. They've invested an considerable amount of work to make
it fail with any not spam displaying software including their own
older versions. So most probably they'll do the same to ICQ.

--
Christoph Simon
ciccio@kiosknet.com.br