Unidentified subject!

Hello,

Being prompted for this part and that part, I imagine
this is to support using updated copies or a mixed
media install.

A rescue disk, aka boot disk aka start disk,
includes your boot loader, kernel, kernel mods...

It depends, you probably want to use one of the rescue
disk(s) on one of the CDs -- likely the first CD,
the "vanilla" kernel.  If you work through the
Installation Guide it may almost make sense
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.html
At the prompt what happens when you select from CD and
when prompted just push enter?

If you identify what the last significant step that you
completely successfully I may be able to give more
insight... if you are continually prompted for a CD or
asked where particular packages are, you probably have
bad media, a damaged CD.

It has nothing to do with Wine except possibly as
infrastructure.  There are a number of implimentations
that support accessing/writing to a number of
filesystems.  Of course, because of the nature of the
various Windows (TM) filesystems, access/use of those
fileystems is pretty cludgy in turns of ownership and
permissions associated with the files.

Best regards,
Lloyd