Re: weird nvidia problem in unstable

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:46:13 -0500, Mental <Mental@NeverLight.com> said:

 Mental> Hello, I've run accross an odd condition on my debian (unstable) box. It
 Mental> seems that Quake3 is no longer textured properly on my geforce card. The
 Mental> game starts fine. Menu's look ok. Startup screen loads fine, but in game,
 Mental> textures are completely wrong. I've reinstalled my GLX and kernel drivers.
 Mental> I've checked for conflicting libs. Unreal Tournament works fine. Prboom
 Mental> works fine in GL mode. Quakeforge is fine also. Rune (ported by loki) has
 Mental> the same problem as quake3.

 Mental> I rebooted, quake3 is fine in windows. I thought maybe it was a card issue
 Mental> and swapped in a brand new card. Same problem.

 Mental> Is this related (or could it be) to the libsdl re-arangement? I'm kind of
 Mental> at wits end with it. My next step is to reinstall suse 7.2 and see if I
 Mental> get the same probelem. I know I had everything with SuSE, so its my 'last
 Mental> known good' configuration.

 Mental> I believe this weird behavior happened with my last apt-get upgrade, but
 Mental> I'm not %100 sure and I dont even remember what got upgraded. Anyone have
 Mental> any advice?

I have the same problem today in Woody (testing).

Any idea? Was the problem solved?

Kind regards,

--
Dominique Deleris