Re: bar-code-like font weirdness in XFree86

I tried this and nothing happened, except that my graphics slowed down. The fonts are screwed up in for example I just downloaded the new Ximian Evolution, and I can't read email in that. The font in PDF's are all mangled so you can't read them.
Is there a way to set the default font?
How does X work, why would some things work fine and others not?
Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

Horacio de Oro wrote:

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 07:22:44 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)