Re: modules.conf et al.

Thus spake schnobs@babylon-kino.de:

> Hullo,
>
> basically, all i want to do is have my box load the module for
> the second NC and assign it /dev/eth1.
>
> I've read the manpages for modules.conf, update-modules,
> read the files themselves as well as anything present in
> /etc/modutils.
> I still have no clue what file I need to change or create.
>
> Furthermore, the manpage for update-modules mentions a
> /etc/chandev.conf file, which is not present on my system. Is
> this something I have to worry about?
>
> besides:
> there's a device called "tap0" in my routing table, assigned the
> default route. What's this?
>
> "RTFM" will suffice, however, I need some hint about the "M".
>
> cu,
> Schnobs
putting the name of your module in /etc/modules (if you want it loaded
at boot) and putting alias eth1 module in /etc/modutils/aliases,
followed by update-modules should do it.
HTH
Steve

--
"Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb.  "Necessity
is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth.