Re: OT: PCI video recommendations

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:32:53AM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 09:00:54AM -0600, Stephen E. Hargrove wrote:
> [ wants PCI video card ]
>
> I've heard that Matrox cards are really good -- they're cheap and work
> well.  I think the G200 is a PCI card, but I don't think PCI cards are
> manufacturd anymore.  If I had cash to burn on another video card I
> would certainly get a Matrox.

Actually, they also have a G450 PCI model, which should easilly get you resolutions of 1600x1200, with excellent 2D quality. It'll even get you just a little bit in the way of 3D performance. I believe they're available in dual-head models, which would easilly allow you the option of connecting two monitors for an even larger desktop. (The G200's meanwhile are configurable in a quad-monitor setup, if you really want be insane about it. :) ).
I've generally been very satisfied with Matrox's driver support. They've contributed alot of the driver source into the GPL arena, with only a few optional features being held back to an additional closed module.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= gehn@email.com =-
"For every complex problem there is an answer