Re: tape drive

I have them all compiled into the kernel. When but when I do a cat /proc/scsi/scsi I get Attached devices: none
My /var/log/kern.log has an error when I boot up:
Nov  8 09:21:33 apollo kernel: SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
Nov 8 09:21:33 apollo kernel: request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
Nov  8 09:21:33 apollo last message repeated 3 times

What does this mean?
Thanks,
Matt