Re: Second sending...

Hi Nate,

> > I have a debian machine which keeps dropping its ethernet
> > connection around every 2.3 minutes.
>
> what kinda nic? maybe its a flakey driver. i had a similar
> problem but it was purely a routing issue. i had moved
> a linux gateway to a new network and it still had a route
> for the old(now new) network going out the 2nd interface, so every
> few minutes it would drop off the network(external network,
> never dropped off the internal network), till i removed the
> old routing entry.

Its a rtl8139.. Now a lot of people will bag these cards, but they do the
job. I have about 30 other machines all the same setup
(processors/hdd/memory) differ, but the setup is the same and they all
work fine.

> what is the system(s) hooked to? >
The system is plugged direct ethernet to the network. Not sending any
special information, just brings up the interface.

Basic task of the machine is a fileserver. Plugs into
switch (Yes changed ports on switch) and serves files to the network.

Got me stuffed...

Ian